Friday 9 March 2012

Looted Wagon - WiP

Hey guys,

So I started on Klan WurldWaagh this week; a bunch o' Orks themed around the Second World War; at this point it's just Soviets and Germans, but I might expand the themes out to include the British. As the project stands, it'll revolve around two German halftracks (Trukks), a KV-2 (Battlewagon) and a Looted Wagon (S35 Somua). I'll write up more about the army itself in the future, but for now I'll hopefully tantalise readers with these WiP shots:

Here's an early shot of the Looted Wagon; an out of production S35 Somua by Heller; I got it in on eBay from a seller selling unfinished works of his deceased brother-in-law; a rather sad case that, in a way, makes me feel kinda bad that I'm chopping it up Orky style... Still, at least its fairly unique? This shot was taken before the armoured skirts and rivets were added:
The cupola comes from the Chimera kit. The gun is a Leman Russ battlecannon. The plasticard is... plasticard.

A cheeky Grot attempting to take pot-shots out of a turret hatch; clearly unaware that a Blunderbuss isn't a weapon of choice for ranged combat. Expect all of my vehicles to be adorned with the little buggers, I bought a box especially for such a purpose:

This side shot shows some WiP rivet work as well as the new skirts to cover the overly-complex track assembly... which I felt looked rather un-Orky:

Finally, the mostly finished tanks front... complete with driver:

I started working on the Battlewagon after taking these pics, but I can't continue with that due to lack of supplies at the moment, so I may get to work finishing the rivets on this wagon and getting it primed. This will likely be the first vehicle in my army to actually get painted. Looking forward to keeping y'all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment