Friday 9 March 2012

Battlewagon - WiP

So I bought myself a 1/35 Trumpeter KV-2 to fulfill the role of Orky Battlewagon: What on earth looks more Orky than this monster's turret?

The first little detail I started obsessing over was the little hatch on the back. The kit's rather lovely in that it's mounted on hinges and can actually open and shut:
The perfect place for a Grot methinks! I'm going to use the one that's pointing and screaming, with the crazy Mad Scientist goggles... I may model a subordinate for him to be yelling at on the back of the tank itself.

At any rate, for this Grot to have some grounding (literally) he would need a floor. And a wall behind him in case anyone wants to look up close; minor details perhaps but what kind of hobbyist doesn't obsess over minor things?! With this in mind I built this floor and wall on the turret ring, it all slots nicely together:

The final step I had time for in the short evening in which I was able to spend time converting was to build the transport deck for the back. which has since had a back piece with small door added:


Again, it slots on nicely:


I've bought the Battlewagon upgrade sprue from GW. I'm planning to magnetise the Kilkannon somehow, perhaps with dual capability with the KV's default gun; thataway I can field the Battlewagon with both a Kannon and Kilkannon. I don't know if the Kannon will be mounted below the Kilkannon or in a separate housing on the front of the hull. I've also got a spare set of Leman Russ sponsons that I may mount to the side of the turret as twin Big Shootas. Anyway, beyond building the Commander's nest and painting the interior, I can't do anymore work on this Wagon until my magnets (currently out of stock at Wayland Games... grr!) and said upgrade sprue arrive. Then it'll be onto priming.

So depending on whether I feel like painting, building the cupola or working on my Looted Wagon (which is awaiting priming), I am not sure what the content of my next post will be.

Anyhoo, hope you enjoyed what I was able to show. I realise it's not much progress since my last post, but at least some shots of the Wagon were available!

No comments:

Post a Comment